Dance Company and Dance School Manager, Teacher and Choreographer – VOU Dance Company Fiji Islands.
VOU Dance Company is searching for a well organised, passionate, creative, disciplined dance person to run the Nadi Branch of the VOU Dance company.
This is a one-year contract from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017.
- Running the VOU Dance School – teaching classes and managing the other teachers, databases and premises
- Technique training for the VOU Dance company members
- Choreographing repertoire for the VOU Dance Company
- Running and managing shows for VOU Dance Company and VOU Dance School
- Have a tertiary qualification in dance
- Have experience in teaching in a dance studio (preferably all ages and a wide range of dance genre)
- Have performance experience
- Have choreographic experience
- Be easy going, flexible, reliable, have a sense of humour yet professional
The VOU Company will provide
- Flights from country of origin to Fiji and returning at the end of the contract
- Remuneration of FJD$200 per week
Applicants please send the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and Artist Biography
- Applicant must include which dance genres they are proficient in teaching, performing and choreographing. Additionally what they feel their strengths are in regards to teaching, performing, choreographing and managing.
- At least 2 references
- A DVD or link to YouTube of a performance that you are in.
- A DVD or link to YouTube of something that you have choreographed
- A jpeg photograph of yourself and scanned passport photo page
- A Skype interview will be required for applicants that are short-listed
- Deadline for application is the 11th January 2016 and applicants must be ready to travel in the first two weeks of February.
This is a very demanding yet rewarding job, Fiji is a Pacific Island, so the applicant must understand that things are always changing on a day-to-day basis, they must be flexible and able to work with all kinds of people. That being said – Fiji is a great place to live.
For further information, and to submit your application, please email Sachiko Soro on email@example.com.